What are the subsidies to create a website in Wallonia? – Article by Amélie VIARDOT
Your business is based in Wallonia and you are looking to create a website?
If so, you may be interested to know that there are subsidies available to help you offset some costs associated with website creation.
Subsidies are financial assistance/support provided by the government or other organizations to encourage specific activities or behaviors that are considered to be in the public interest.
In this article, we’ll provide an overview of the different types of subsidies available for businesses in Wallonia for website creation and their eligibility criteria, as well as the benefits of subsidies.
By understanding the available options, you can make an informed decision on whether to pursue subsidies for your website creation project.
The different types of subsidies
Here is some information on the subsidies available for businesses in Wallonia for e-commerce websites or any kind of website creation.
Digital Wallonia Vouchers
This subsidy is intended for businesses that wish to enhance their digital presence, including website creation. To be eligible, your company must:
be located in Wallonia.
be registered with the Banque-Carrefour des Entreprises (BCE).
not be in financial difficulty.
not have received Digital Wallonia vouchers for the same type of project in the past.
The amount of Digital Wallonia vouchers can vary depending on the specific project and its needs. However, in general, the value of the vouchers can range from €1,250 to €50,000, with a maximum subsidy rate of 50% of the total eligible costs.
The exact amount of the voucher will be determined based on the scope and budget of the project. Access to the official website for more information.
Walloon Region Innovation and Investment Fund (FRI)
The FRI provides financial support to companies that invest in innovation and research. To be eligible, your company must:
be located in Wallonia.
have fewer than 250 employees.
have an annual turnover of less than €50 million or a balance sheet total of less than €43 million.
… and your project must:
be innovative and have a significant impact on the company’s development.
be located in Wallonia too.
Like Digital Wallonia Vouchers, the amount of funding provided by the Walloon Region Innovation and Investment Fund (FRI) can vary depending on the specific project and its needs.
In general, the FRI provides financing in the form of loans or equity participation, with a maximum intervention rate of up to 75% of the total eligible costs.
The exact amount of funding and intervention rate will be determined based on the scope and budget of the project, as well as the financial needs of the company. Access to the official website for more information.
This subsidy program is intended to support companies that are part of a Walloon competitiveness cluster. To be eligible, your company must:
be part of a Walloon competitiveness cluster.
be located in Wallonia.
… and your project must contribute to the development of the competitiveness cluster.
This program provides funding in the form of grants, with the exact amount of funding determined based on the scope and budget of the project, as well as the financial needs of the company.
The program typically covers up to 50% of the total eligible costs for the project.
The exact percentage of funding provided by the Walloon Competitiveness Cluster Program will depend on the specific project and the evaluation of the grant application by the authorities. Access to the official website for more information.
This subsidy is intended to support businesses that hire a technician to implement a digital project, including website creation. Eligibility criteria include:
Businesses must be located in Wallonie and registered with the Banque-Carrefour des Entreprises (BCE).
The technician must be hired for a minimum of 6 months and employed on a full-time basis.
This program does not provide a fixed amount of funding or a specific percentage of eligible costs. Instead, the program reimburses a portion of the salary costs for the technician, up to a maximum of €20,000 per year, for a period of up to three years.
The exact amount of funding provided by the Job-Technician program will depend on the salary costs of the technician and the duration of their employment with the company. Access to the official website for more information.
As the eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific subsidy program, you must carefully review the eligibility criteria for each program to determine their eligibility before applying.
iterates is a company referenced by the Walloon Region. By going through our company, you are eligible for subsidies.
Scared of paperworks needed to obtain your subsidies? Don’t worry! iterates works with a partner who can help you with that.
Benefits of subsidies
There are several benefits of subsidies for the creation of an e-commerce website or any other website, including:
- Lower costs: One of the main benefits of subsidies is that they can help reduce the costs associated with the creation of your website. By providing financial assistance, subsidies can help your company offset a big part of the costs of website design, development, and maintenance.
- Increased competitiveness: Subsidies can also help your business become more competitive in the digital marketplace. By supporting website creation and other digital projects, subsidies can help your company enhance its online presence and reach new customers.
- Improved efficiency: Subsidies can also support the adoption of new technologies and digital tools that can improve the efficiency and productivity of your business. For example, a subsidy for a new e-commerce website can help your business streamline its sales process and reduce administrative costs.
- Innovation: Finally, subsidies can help promote innovation in the digital sector. By providing financial support for new and emerging technologies, subsidies can help businesses experiment with new ideas and develop innovative products and services.
Overall, subsidies for website creation can provide a range of benefits for your company, helping it reduce costs, increase competitiveness, improve efficiency, create jobs, and promote innovation.
Examples of websites for which you can obtain subsidies
Here are some examples of websites that can be subsidized and indications of the percentages of subsidies that could be awarded:
- E-commerce websites: Subsidies can be used to support the creation of e-commerce websites, which can help businesses sell products and services online. Subsidies can cover up to 50% of eligible costs, depending on the subsidy program.
- Corporate websites: Subsidies can also be used to support the creation of corporate websites, which can help businesses establish an online presence and communicate with customers. Subsidies can cover up to 50% of eligible costs, depending on the subsidy program.
- Mobile-friendly websites: This type of website can help businesses reach customers who use mobile devices. Subsidies can cover up to 50% of eligible costs, depending on the subsidy program.
- Innovative websites: Subsidies can also be used to support the creation of innovative websites that use new technologies or digital tools to improve the user experience or streamline business operations. Subsidies can cover up to 75% of eligible costs, depending on the subsidy program.
- Multilingual websites: These ones can help businesses reach customers who speak different languages and expand their market reach. Subsidies can cover up to 50% of eligible costs, depending on the subsidy program.
It’s important to carefully review the eligibility criteria of each subsidy program and prepare a detailed budget for the website project to determine the potential amount of subsidy available.
Subsidies for website creation in Wallonia will allow you to launch your new website or e-commece store at minimal cost.
Launching your website or redesigning your actual website will allow you to increase your competitiveness, improve efficiency, enhance your digital presence and stay ahead in the digital marketplace.
Take time to carefully review the eligibility criteria for each subsidy program before applying, as the criteria may vary depending on the program.
You want to create a website but you come from Brussels? Don’t worry we didn’t forget you. Read our previous article to know more.
iterates can develop websites or e-commerce.